OE Equivalent Fuel CAPS
OE-style gas caps meet or exceed all original equipment performance and safety standards.
Fenderwell type fuel caps are made of sturdy, long-life materials and are heavy zinc plated for rust resistance. This style of construction has been proven on millions of America's finest cars and trucks as original equipment and features a time tested design to control venting and sealing.
Exposed type fuel caps offer the same mechanical features as fenderwell caps and add a specially designed cap body that is styled to blend with exterior car contours. Exposed caps feature a heavy nickel and chromium plating for lasting beauty.
Emission Control type caps began in 1970 in California and 1971 nationwide. The fuel emission control system was designed to prevent evaporation of fuel into the atmosphere. The special fuel caps required are equipped with carefully designed and tested pressure and vacuum relief valves to maintain a specified amount of pressure or vacuum in the tank before relieving.
Click on the link for our OnLine Catalog to find the correct gas cap for your vehicle.
FEATURES and BENEFITS
Stant caps, made of sturdy and long-life materials, are the only aftermarket caps to include all safety features and valving of the original equipment caps.
- OE Pressure relief prevents fuel vapors from exiting the fuel system under normal operating conditions. This allows an escape path for pressure in the event of an impact situation where the fuel tank has collapsed. It also permits pressure to escape if the vapor management system malfunctions.
- OE Vacuum relief prevents fuel vapors from exiting the fuel system via the fill tube under normal operations. This allows an alternative path for air to flow into the tank if there is an obstruction in the vapor recovery or vapor management systems. It also permits the fuel system to normalize air pressure during natural vacuum situations.
- A “Lost Motion” feature permits the cap handle some freedom to turn while maintaining a seal, which could aid in the prevention of fuel tank leakage during a crash or impact.
- A “Breakaway Groove” allows the cap to remain sealed and prevent fuel leakage during a crash or impact, even if some of the cap has broken away.
- A ”Torque Override” feature aids in the proper installation of the fuel cap. It produces an audible click as the o-ring that seals the cap is properly compressed.
- Stant is the only aftermarket cap manufacturer to offer Green “Diesel Fuel Only” caps. The green caps help prevent accidental fuel contamination.
- Stant also has a line of Yellow E-85 Fuels caps. These caps serve as a visual reminder that the vehicle can use more economical and environmental-friendly fuel.