LOCKING Fuel CAPS
Features and Benefits
Fuel caps made of sturdy, long-life materials which have all original equipment features AND a key-operated lock to protect the vehicle from fuel theft and vandalism.
- Keyed alike versions are available for small fleets or consumers with more than one vehicle. Stant caps are unique because they are the only aftermarket caps to include all safety features and valving of the original equipment caps.
- OE Pressure relief prevents fuel vapors from exiting the fuel system under normal operating conditions. This allows an escape path for pressure in the event of an impact situation where the fuel tank has collapsed. It also permits pressure to escape if the vapor management system malfunctions.
- OE Vacuum relief prevents fuel vapors from exiting the fuel system via the fill tube under normal operations. This allows an alternative path for air to flow into the tank if there is an obstruction in the vapor recovery or vapor management systems. It also permits the fuel system to normalize air pressure during natural vacuum situations.
- A “Lost Motion” feature permits the cap handle some freedom to turn while maintaining a seal, which could aid in the prevention of fuel tank leakage during a crash or impact.
- A “Breakaway Groove” allows the cap to remain sealed and prevent fuel leakage during a crash or impact, even if some of the cap has broken away.
- A ”Torque Override” feature aids in the proper installation of the fuel cap. It produces an audible click as the o-ring that seals the cap is properly compressed.
- Stant is the only aftermarket cap manufacturer to offer Green “Diesel Fuel Only” caps. The green caps help prevent accidental fuel contamination.
- Stant also has a line of Yellow E-85 Fuels caps. These caps serve as a visual reminder that the vehicle can use more economical and environmental-friendly fuel